Edgy, Romantic Love Songs for Valentine's Day

Like no other stimulus, music touches our deepest soul responses. Music is sensual and provocative. Music spurs strong emotions and reactions. I'm a realist in practice but a romantic at heart. I'm often moved to tears by a particular piece of music. Love songs soothe my spirit. Need some romantic songs for Valentine's Day? Here's my romance music playlist. I taken songs from different genres and countries. I've also included my favorite versions of the songs. Some of these are kinda edgy and may surprise you. I've added a couple since writing this: "Memory" (from "Cats"), "Don't Cry for Me, Argentina" (from Evita), "What is a Youth?" (Nino Rota), "Sigh no More" (from "Much Ado about Nothing") "Selah" (Lauryn Hill), "La Vie en Rose" (the "Sabrina" or Louis Armstrong version is good), "Plasir d' Amour" (Nana Mouskouri sings it beautifully, but I first fell in love it on "The Affair of the Necklace" when Marie Antoinette sings it) and "Summertime" from Porgy and Bess. Any of the jazz divas sing it well, but I guess if I had to pick it would be Ella Fitzgerald. Romantic Love Songs for Valentine's Day